Friday, December 18, 2009

Being a Part of Something

I have to agree with Kate. The Renegade Holiday party is always a great time. And it's an affirmation that I'm a big part of something special. For some people their job is just their job. But for me it's really become something of an extended family. I've spent five days a week every week with a lot of my fellow Renegades for a decade or more. My friend pool consists mostly of current and former Renegades. It's been a huge part of my life now for 14 years, and I honestly can't imagine life without it.

Sure I have bad, frustrating and all around @#$*%y days. But I have many more good ones. I don't mind getting up and having to do the "daily grind" thing, because I enjoy what I do, most of the time, and I get to spend the day with a lot of really cool people. It's nice to be a part of something where you know everyone has your back, and you're all pushing toward the same goal.

In the time I've been at Renegade I've seen the holiday parties mushroom from a gathering of eight to ten people (employees only) around a small table in a restaurant to huge catered shindigs with upwards of 60 to 70 people in attendance. It's really cool to have been involved with that growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment