Monday, December 14, 2009

Florida in Winter

After a very mild and prolonged start to what is predicted to be the most brutal winter in years, it's finally come, and the change happened seemingly overnight. And after this weekend it's likely to get colder.

But I don't care. Kate and I will be spending this coming holiday week with her family in Florida, enjoying sunny, 80 degree weather. Normally I'd rather lance boils on syphilitic donkeys then spend time outside in Florida, especially in the summer and the nine months that surround it (no offense to those that live there...I love seeing you guys, but you've seen what Florida's done to me before.) But the winter is an entirely different matter. Florida in winter is beautiful. Perfection. Good people and perfect weather.

I can't wait to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment