Saturday, September 5, 2009

Stylized Films from the 60s and 70s

I like the stylized aesthetic of films produced in the 60s and 70s. I like the rawness of reality they capture; not having the special FXs to help pull in the audience really made them rely on the aesthetics. The ambiance perfectly portray the time periods, they probably just kept everything in tact since the 60s and 70s fashion was so in your face. The hair, the bell bottoms, the retro tops, the cars, were all so stylized.

I gave a new 70s film a try yesterday night, it was a B-Horror film that I will not be recommending. It's only for those folks that like horror movies that are slow-moving and once the horror portion is revealed is ends up being completely revolting to witness. It was honestly making me sick, so I had to stop watching it. I even had nightmares as a result. If your interested in being completely disgusted it's called Who Can Kill a Child.

60 and 70 films I do recommend to those fellow film lovers are Harold and Maude, Blow-Up, Walkabout, Brewster McCloud, Wings of Desire, Clockwork Orange, The Shining, To Kill a Mockingbird, Seconds, Breathless, Fahrenheit 451, Psycho, and The Birds. That's all I can think about at this time, if anyone has any suggestions that are along the same lines of these films, I would really appreciate you passing them along. I need to find something to take my mind off the last film.

No comments:

Post a Comment