Sunday, October 25, 2009

Caring Unconditionally

I like the feeling I get when I'm caring for someone. I like being needed by another person or animal. I've noticed lately that I take care of Jason in many ways, doing his laundry, cleaning up after them. I know it's all part of growing up and being in a relationship. But I'm realizing now that I really enjoy being needed and caring for another person. Jason this does not mean I don't need you to help around the house anymore. We are in this together and it feels just as good when you help and care for me too. And if you don't do something to my liking I have no problem redoing it. The effort is there and that's all that matters.

DB, our Siamese cat, has been acting strange lately. He seems to not be eating and he's very frail and not being his loud attention-needing self. It saddens us knowing that his days are numbered. We've been watching him carefully and putting water and wet food around the house to see if he'll eat or drink them. He has started drinking liquids, but he only ate a little bit of the tuna we gave him, and since that's his favorite thing in the world we know now that he must be feeling really badly. He is our baby and we might lose him soon. I will be there for him every step of the way and care for him unconditionally because that is what keeps us strong

No comments:

Post a Comment