Friday, October 23, 2009

Nearly New Sale

Twice a year, for one week at a time GBMC hospital holds their Nearly New Sale, a flea market to support, something...I have no idea. They've been doing it for as long as I've lived in the area, but it wasn't until recently that I start attending. I'd meant to year after year, but then missed it each time, even though GBMC posts a huge sign on Charles St. advertising the dates for at least a month ahead of time, one that I'd pass each day on the way to work.

Ah well. Kate got my butt in gear, and this sale is exciting because we're planning on going opening day, a first for us. What is the Nearly New Sale? Exactly what it sounds like. A lot of good, used stuff for cheap, cheap, cheap. We usually go late in the week and pick through the dregs. And we still manage to get some good deals. This year we hope to dominate, and yet still spend less the $50.

Papa wants a $10 bread maker.

And a buttload of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment