Saturday, November 7, 2009

Oscar Film Time

I love when the months of Oscar films start approaching and the buzz of this year's top films start appearing in articles and TV previews. I get really excited during these months and start reviewing all the top movies. I mentally start selecting which movies need to be seen in the big theatre and which ones can wait for rental. I am just a dork when it comes to this. The Entertainment Weekly Magazine this week contains write ups on all the films coming out the winter months ahead, it also contains a predetermined guess list of Oscar nods. I will end up going through the entire list by the weeks out, watching all the movies previews on the Apple Trailer's website.

Before I start going to these films I must catch up and see the few movies I missed from the past years Oscars nods, such as Milk, The Queen, Frost/Nixon, Frozen River, The Duchess, Wanted, Revolutionary Road, La Vie En Rose, Away From Her, American Gangster, In the Valley of Elah, Persepolis, and Diving Bell and the Butterfly. We have most of these movies in the house we just have to sit down and watch them. I'm so disappointed in myself now, I better catch up and catch up fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment