Thursday, November 19, 2009

There's Always Tomorrow Night

In homage to the fact that I'm not going to get a lot of sleep tonight let me say that there's always tomorrow night. Until you're dead, you can always catch up on sleep.

Miss two nights in a row? Not a big deal. You'll sleep well the third. Granted you'll have to get through the intervening days. To help, just keep your goal in mind, what you're pushing toward. That eventual moment when you fall asleep, stay and asleep and make up for all the deprivation you'd subjected yourself to prior.

It almost makes the make-up sleep all that much sweeter. It's like a well-earned reward instead of a humdrum regularity.

For me, tonight, my goal is Friday night. I'll be making up for most of this week. And it's going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment