Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Live Experience

I love seeing live concerts. It's been a while since Jason and I have gone, and with my current job state we probably will have to wait a while longer. One of the best concerts we saw together was My Morning Jacket a couple years ago. The venue was perfect, the crowd was just right, and the band sang their hearts out with fantastic instrumentation to boot.

We also saw the brilliant Brandi Carlisle, I saw the fabulous Feist, and we shared the dynamic, powerful Matisyahu experience. I saw the Pixies perform about 5 years ago when they reunited and it was an experience that I'll never forget. I've gone to over 5 Ani Difranco concerts and she always puts on an amazingly organic performance. She will be forever embedded into my musical soul.




Jason got me tickets to to see my new favorite femme fatale last year for my birthday, Miss Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley. She was an absolute beauty and her and the rest of Rilo Kiley put on a great show. Hearing your favorite bands live is like no other musical experience. I just can't wait for our next show. I would really like to go to a big music festival one day where you get to camp out and listen to different bands all weekend long. It's never too late to experience something new and exciting. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment