Sunday, April 5, 2009

Nigerian Traditions


I shot my 2nd wedding yesterday. The groom's family was Nigerian and I've learned that the traditional wardrobe is absolutely beautiful. The woman and men wear colorful gowns and the women wear these amazing fabric headdresses. All the outfits are unique. A lot of times the wife and husband would wear similar patterns. Here are two pics from the reception to give you an idea.


They also all seem to be tremendous dancers. They all share such an amazing dedication to their families and traditions, and it was great a witness such kinship. They also have this cool tradition of putting money on the bride and groom while they dance. Everyone was so generous. Their culture is so fascinating, I can't wait for my next wedding so I can be witness to more beautiful traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment