Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thrift Stores

I love shopping at thrift stores. I've been craving it recently. I know I'm unemployed and have very little spending left, but when you shop at a thrift store you can buy a whole outfit and a few accessories without spending more than $50. It will feel good to get out of the house and explore the neighborhood for a while. I'll bring my camera too, and practice at the same time. There must be some good thrift stores in the city. I'll try to stay away from vintage since that usually stands for old, unique, and expensive.

I used to love going around the East Village and shopping in all the small consignment shops. It can be so exhilarating to explore on your own. After my six hour unemployment class tomorrow, the class you're forced to attend so you can learn to be a better loser, I'll go and explore the city some. I would love to find a new large purse, so I can replace my Vera Bradley. I'm tired of having the same bag as everyone at the airport. It seems as though every woman in America has a Vera Bradley bag. I remember finding such great thrift store finds while I was in high School and college. I hope I can have the same luck as an adult.

Again, I will limit myself and only allow myself to spend so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment