Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Slightly Coerced Shout Out to Rich

Our friend Rich made a comment about wanting to get into a blog post. So this short entry is all about the power of asking for what you want. A lot of people don't bother, or are too scared to ask for things. For help. For advice. For emotional...stuff. For money. Whatever. If you want or need something and someone else either has it or can help you in your pursuit, ask them. More than likely they'll say yes. But only if you open your mouth.

People, at least the people worth knowing, are inherently good, I think, and are willing to do more than most other people give them credit for, as long as they know what you need. Life is far more enjoyable if you start with the premise that other people are there to help you, and you for them. Then life is just one big back scratch.

Rich also asked us not to mention his chronic flatulence and almost primate-like toes. The lesson here is that asking is the first step toward getting what you want...but it's not a guarantee.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jason, you always make me laugh! Thanks for your comment on our blog. I've been forced to learn about all this court stuff... couldn't I just set up a workout program for the judge and call it good? :) Our friend read our blog who is a state attorney, and he said the he was going to help me out and after talking to me he said that I'm not guilty of the offense written. Anyway, yikes! WAY OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE! I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete