Saturday, August 29, 2009

Double Feature Mania!

Okay I'll not explain completely how double feature day at the theater works completely since both of us are so low in funds, I'll just say that it's one of Jason and I's favorite ways to spend an afternoon. Today we saw (500) Days of Summer, with two of my favorite actors Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. They had amazing acting chemistry with both performing beautifully. I got to say that Joseph surpassed Zooey's performance by just a tad, he just has this ability to really take hold of his characters. Two of the other films he was brilliant in were Brick and Mysterious Skin. Zooey will always be a gem to me, she's broke my heart in so many films especially in All the Real Girls, which is my absolute love.


We then saw Quenton Tarantino's new flick Inglorious Bastards. It was brutally outrageous depiction of the last days of War World II, of course is was almost completely fictitious, except for a few names used. There were great performances by Brad Pitt and a few unknown German actors. I know a few Oscar nods will come out of this film. Jason and I both agreed at the end that it would have been better if they had shaved at least 30 minutes off the film. There were a few really long scenes that I know Tarantino just couldn't let go, probably for the sake of his long winded nature.

Both films were pure brilliance, I would give 500 Days an A- and Bastards a B+. I do love Double Feature Days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment