Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Teaching --Here I come!

I have recently pushed through the barrier that's been keeping me from pursuing the teaching profession. I don't know if it's my dream to be a teacher and I won't know until I give it a try. Until I'm in a physical classroom with a bunch of 7 year olds, I will have no idea if it's a good fit for me. I've had the benefits and disadvantages going through my head for weeks, none can even be confirmed until I get started and know the reality of the job. I need to stay focused, I've signed up to substitute teach in both the county and the city. I've decided to apply for the Baltimore City Residency Program, which is honestly the only way for me to afford schooling in becoming an Elementary Teacher. It will be a challenge I know this and I feel I am up for it, now all I have to do is convince the program folks that I am the gal they need. I've signed up to take the Praxis I the third week in September, giving me plenty of time to study. I've signed up to take a CPR class for young kids, which will benefit when I apply for Daycare and after school tutoring jobs in the fall, as I wait for my application to be processed. I can do this and feel confident as I pursue this new path.

1 comment:

  1. you go girl!!! i am so so very proud of you
    love
    mom

    ReplyDelete