Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Flexible Employers

This is yesterday's entry.  Sorry for the late posting.  Earlier this morning I tried writing last night's, but my internet wasn't working.

So, I've had a frustrating day hanging drywall.  None of my measurements were working out correctly, and then I ruined a whole sheet...yadda yadda.  I decided to flip the situation over and look at the positive side.  The fact that my employer is flexible enough to make last minute vacations for hanging drywall possible in the first place.  It's a small perk, but it can come in very handy.

I haven't gotten as much done this workation week as I'd hoped, and I'm thinking about asking my boss if I can work two weeks of night shifts.  I get so much more done on the house during the day than I can get done at night.  Assuming client schedules permit, I'm sure he'll say yes.

I'm very glad that my company understands that people have personal lives, and sometimes those lives don't fit neatly around a 9:00 to 5:30 schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment