Monday, February 23, 2009

Strong, Independent, Vastly Talented Ladies of the Film World

This is a shout out to all the strong, independent, and incredibly talented women of the film world. I so admire whatever skill you've conquered or whatever accomplishment you've achieved.

The event that has brought this positive to my attention today was the airing of the Academy Awards tonight. I had my first attempt at an Oscar Party tonight and even though only two of the fifteen people I invited showed it was still a fun evening of conversation and movie gushing. The show highlighted Kate Winslet's performance in The Reader, Meryl Streep's nod for Doubt and her many other past Oscar performances, as well as new leading actresses like Anne Hathaway and Amy Adams, and the breath-taking Penelope Cruz in Vicky Cristina Barcelona. These are the kind of women I look up to and admire. Their talents shine through the screen and will forever be in our cinema-loving hearts.

There are so many woman I respect behind the camera as well, that may or may not have been recognized tonight. I've had the pleasure of working with some amazing lady leaders from the art department, production, directing, writing, and cinematographer roles. Here's to all those women who have stood out from the 100 people film crews and made a difference in this male dominated industry. The ladies are coming and will soon enough take over. Power to the V!

No comments:

Post a Comment