Saturday, February 28, 2009

Soundtracks

I love a film that moves along with an equally profound soundtrack. Two films came out this year that had astounding performances, intriguing plots, and brilliant music. One was Vicky Christina Barcelona and the other is the award winning, Slumdog Millionaire. Vicky featured beautiful Spanish guitar pieces that captured the glorious Spanish locales. Slumdog's Indian tunes did quite the same thing, featuring Mumbai in its caotic, colorful nature.

I really enjoy collections of music tracks that tell a story and provoke a mood. My love for film has always been connected to my relationship with music. I think of films like Dancer in the Dark, Eternal Sunshine, and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971) and how they were carried with such thought-out musical pieces. I admire the talent that lives behind such creations. A good soundtrack can be enjoyed for years and think it's time I explore that world again.

No comments:

Post a Comment