Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Vacation \Va*ca"tion\, n. 1. A Well-Deserved Break from Labor; (see Kate and Jason)

It's easy to take it for granted, but it's a real blessing to work in a system where paid vacation is a reality.  It's said that Americans, relative to other Western countries, take very few vacation days.  I can't say I understand why, and I'm happy to blow the curve on this one.  If I have vacation time, I use it.  Even if I don't travel, which happens since I get considerably more vacation time than Kate (seniority has its perks).  I think vacation is just as important as work.  I need the decompression.  I think we all do.

We're leaving for Florida this Thursday for a five day family visit.  I'm sure it will provide us with plenty of material for entries.  I just hope it provides the time to write them.  Like this one, I suspect they'll be a little shorter than normal.

But rest assured, the positivity will be turned to eleven.

No comments:

Post a Comment