Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Wonders of Netflix

Netflix is a glorious invention. I was one of those kids who could spend hours at the video store, starting at the new releases and then patiently browsing through the older films in sections like foreign or cult classics, reading the back of them to sure I didn't miss an enticing one. Even though I sometimes miss this venture I have now pretty much abandoned movie stores completely in favor of Netflix.

Jason and I both get 3 movies at a time.  There's no late fees, so there's no rushing to watch the films. The first few months were the best, being able to browse through so many sections. I think my queue was up to the hundreds in no time. Being able to create a wish list for all the films I've ever wanted to see is the absolute coolest. I don't remember my list ever being under 300 films in length. You really hope that you'll be able to see all those films before you kick it, but it's really unlikely. I will forever have 300 films I need to see.

Netflix is the wave of the future. I enjoy the friends and rating sections too, even through I have little spare time to mess around with them. Next up is Netflix in Blu Ray format. Really Jason, do we Really need to see all of our favorites or soon to be favorites in Blue Ray HD now, Really do we, Really..., I promise it's the same film, Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment