Monday, May 25, 2009

Creating a Stir Fry

I like making stir fries. You can be so creative with them, the possibilities are endless. It really is an excellent food for Jason and I too, because he loves Chinese food and I'm really picky about Chinese food. This way I'm cooking it my our way with everything we love. Jason even said yesterday as he was eating it that it was equal too if not better than Chinese take out, I of course think it's better. I really couldn't get enough of it, I was even thinking of it before I passed out last night. It was really good this time.

If you're interested here's the recipe:
Salt and pepper 2lbs of boneless chicken strips, then marinate them for an hour or more in a mixture of garlic wasabi marinade (pre-bought from store), teriyaki, and soy sauce.
Cut up vegetables to bite size pieces, this time I used half a red pepper, 1/4 of a yellow pepper, one zucchini, half an onion, and a 1/2 a lb of broccoli.
Once the chicken is finished marinading, start sauteing the vegetables (you'll need a large wok or deep frying pan, preferably one that could eventually fit all the chicken in it as well at the end). Once the veggies are sauteing, heat up a separate frying pan (I had to use two), then start laying the chicken out on them, I made the mistake of leaving the burner on high the whole time, next time I would turn them to medium. Pour the extra juice in the pans. Now just watch them, I did 3 minutes on one side, flipped them and then did 3 minutes on the other side. I started doing something kind of dangerous so if you'd rather do it a different way I understand, here it is once they are about done I cut the chicken up into bit size pieces while they are cooking on low, this way you cook them a little bit more as bit size pieces, letting the delicious marinade cover every piece. While you've been doing the chicken I add teriyki and soy sauce and some salt and pepper to the vegetables and then stirring them occasionally. You then add the fully cooked chicken to the vegetables. Let it simmer in each other's juices for about 15 to 30 minutes, while it's doing that make the brown or white rice. Serve chicken and veggies over the rice, and walla.

It is so good at the end you will think you've died and gone to Heaven- Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment