Thursday, May 7, 2009

The pleasure of giving

I love the good feelings you get after giving someone a nice gift. Something that says I'm thinking of you and love you. The gifts don't need to be huge or expensive they just need to come from your heart. When they're handmade they makes them even more profound.

I really want to start making a craft, then during the holidays everyone can get something I made. I really love that idea. I just don't know where to start on figuring out what to make. I should just go to Michael's and other craft stores and street fairs and get inspired. Maybe in July I'll make that my mission.

I love making people feel good, I know I don't have much money, but I'd rather spend the money I do have on the people I love rather than spend it on useless clothes for myself. Not to say I don't like to buy something for myself every so often, but I definitely would hold off if someone's birthday was coming up. Blake's birthday is at the end of the month, I'm still shopping around. They need to know that their Aunt Kate loves them and if getting them cool gifts on the birthday is the only way to reach them, so be it. Time to shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment