Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Music. Really? Really.

I like Christmas music.  I do.  I'm a sucker for it.  The realization hit me last month.  In fact, it was that realization that spurred the idea for this blog.  Kate and I were donating blood and the donation center was playing some CD of classic Christmas music.  It really put me in a good mood.

It's mostly the classics I like, Bing Crosby, Sinatra, that whole crew.  And I think my appreciation goes beyond the music.  It's everything wrapped up with the music.  The holidays, the change in season, the general good will that floats around that time of year.  It's all sort of encapsulated by the music.  I hear the same songs each year, but I never get tired of them.  I know some people hate it when radio stations and malls start on the 24 hour Christmas cycle, but I think I sort of look forward to it, and I definitely miss it when it's gone, which it now is.

Eleven months to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment