Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Rings of my Life

I'm going to lay a little low tonight and express love for an ever present gem in my life: rings. I have been wearing rings for as long as I can remember. Some adjectives I would use to describe my ring style are expressionistic, domineering, silver, sparkly (but not in the diamond sense), puzzling, and colorful (mostly shades of green...so really one color). Interesting..Hmmmm..I don't know what any of that means, but please if you have any inclination of the meaning behind Kate's ring style let me know. I prefer to buy my jewelry from art sales. It's so humbling actually meeting the person who put their heart into making the jewelry you are wearing. I love supporting the artists and buying one-of-a-kind items. My favorite ring is the simplist I've probably ever worn. It's a one inch wide 14k silver band that my dad gave my mom on their 5th Wedding Anniversary. My mom gave it to me 10 years ago and it's been around my left thumb ever since. I love my parents very much and I've been living far from them for most of my adult life and this ring is a nice comforting reflection of them that's with me always.

No comments:

Post a Comment