Monday, January 12, 2009

Dance

Dance is my escape. Dancing is my preferred method of exercise. I enjoy all forms of dance such as ballet, modern, contemporary, jazz, African, hip-hop etc. When I was young I took dance classes and I would always drop out right before the recitals. I was always too shy and scared to perform in front of people.

As an adult I love to dance at weddings and dance clubs (haven't been to many of those lately), and a few years ago I started going to dance classes at Dance Baltimore (a non-profit organization that focuses on bringing art and the community together). I managed to get myself through 5 weeks of 2 1/2 hr classes after work for 2 days a week, and made it to the Community Dance Performance. It was a great time and since then the Dance Shows have continued and have grown every year. I have not returned and I do miss it, but the fear I had as a child still lives inside me. I hate feeling all those eyes on me and feeling a sense of ridicule and criticism. These feelings don't make me doubt my love for dancing. I love the energy it exudes. Lauren, one of my dear friends, likes to do the "Kate move" every so often, so I must have some moves. Lauren, we must go out dancing soon! NYC here I come.

Last year for my birthday Jason got us "So you Think you can Dance" live tickets. Yes, I am a dork as well and I totally got Jason loving the show too, he will deny this.

Point is "I just want to DANCE"!

No comments:

Post a Comment