Saturday, January 10, 2009

Jason Geeks Out, Part 1

This is the first entry in what I suspect will become an ongoing theme.  To christen this new boat, let me say, emphatically, that I love board games!

It's an itch I don't scratch often enough, only because Kate and I can't find other people with the same level of enthusiasm, and playing with just the two of us gets a little boring sometimes.  At one point I almost joined a board gaming group in this area, but couldn't quite bring myself to pull the trigger.  Enjoying board games is one thing...seeking out a group of people who get together on a regular basis for the express purpose of playing board games, and likely carry their favorite, limited-edition releases of old, out-of-print German language games in a hand-stitched leather satchel emblazoned with the family crest of one of the many warring Klingon factions...that's another.  This is "Jason Geeks Out", not "Jason's Geek Explodes Violently in All Directions, Wounding Several Bystanders", after all.

Who knows.  Maybe one day I'll check out the group.  After all, I also almost joined a barbershop quartet choir, so I don't think my leather satchel is that far off.

No comments:

Post a Comment