Thursday, January 8, 2009

Reminiscing

I enjoy reminiscing. Tonight I traveled back to my college years and watched a "Making of" video that was filmed while my friends and I were shooting our senior project, "The Brian Lee Story". I miss those times so much, but I'm happy to have videos like that to help reflect. Thinking of the times where all you had to do was study subjects that you were passionate about and then hang out with your friends making short films till the sun came up the next morning. You had this great freedom even though going to class everyday was such a structured lifestyle. Freedom came across in the expression of your art, for the love you had of your studies, and from the amazing friendships you created and hopefully still have. To be honest, all of this makes me a bit sad, growing up can be a pain in the butt, but remembering the adventures you had can be very therapeutic in reminding you that you have the ability and talent in you to be artistic and spontaneous.

No comments:

Post a Comment