Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Joy of a Mag

I am going to steal one from Jason this time and write about the joy of reading magazines. Mags rock the his'ouse. They've served as great creative tools in my past and present. I find clippings for collages, paintings, hair or fashion ideas. I also love to read mags. Some favs are Bust, Ready Made, Filmmaker, Entertainment, and Interview.

When I worked at Barnes and Noble one of the best perks was that when mags went out of date employees could take them home after the cover was torn off, for counting purposes. I would take every mag that I had any interest in. Man, if I still had that privilege I would snag all the food mags too, since I love to find new recipes now. I've considered getting a part-time job at a Barnes to receive those perks again and to be in the cozy and intellectual environment. So instead of getting them free I now have a few subscriptions to sustain the addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment