Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My love for the theater...

I love the theater, seeing plays is such a different experience than watching a film. These actors have dedicated all their time and energy in performing a flawless performance in front of a live audience.

I started to get strongly into theater when I was dating a performer back when I was 17. He was in a lot of interesting plays like the "House of Yes". We would go see plays all the time, too. One that has been engraved in my memory was Samuel Beckett's "Waiting for Godot". It was such a wonderful psychological journey. Yesterday we went to see the Russian play "The Cherry Orchid" for the 'pay what you can' day at the Everyman's Theatre. The play was pretty good, but mostly it brought back my love for theater. Jason and I are both going to try to see more plays around town now.

No comments:

Post a Comment