Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My night security

I like cuddling up to inanimate objects when I'm sleeping. It started with my security blanket, known as 'my diapie' when I was very young. Don't worry. It was a relatively clean cloth diaper, and I would carry it around everywhere I went and would suck on it and sleep with it; hence why I've always had teeth issues. If anyone has seen "Mr. Mom," it was very similar to the youngest boy's blankie.

I had 'diapie' till I was 8 or so, way to old if you ask me. I don't recall if I had anything similar to that until I was 13 when my sister gave me a teddy bear and I would sleep with him in my arms every night. Don't worry. I didn't suck on it or carry it around with me. I just liked the comfort and protective feeling it gave me when I'd hold it while going to sleep.

In college I bought Miffy, a stuffed bunny with the cutest little blue dress on, perfect size for holding while sleeping. I still have Miffy, but now I sleep with either a small blue afghan my mom made or a pink cylinder bean pillow, again something my mom gave me. I guess these new ones fill a couple needs, the family I miss with all my heart and as my security blanket. It also really helps me sleep by relaxing me and making me feel less anxious. I am still a bit of a loner when I'm getting my daily rest, I need that time to decompress.

Good night all, it's time for me to snuggle up to my blankie; I'm not ashamed to say that, quit laughing at me! Nighty Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment