Monday, March 2, 2009

Kate thinks Skating is Great!

I've always been a fan of rollerskating and in the past few years have also grown fond of rollerblading. Iceskating's not bad either, I remember being on a school trip in High School to Montreal and ice skating in an outdoor wonderland. Instead of a rink it was more like a trail through the forest. I also remember there being hot guys that worked there. I remember the time I attended the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind wrap party at a Ice Rink/bar in NYC. I got to iceskate on the same floor as Jim Carey. He's from Canada, so it's in his blood and the venue was most likely his idea.

I was a roller skater when I lived in Baltimore as a young girl, I had my birthday party at Skateland once.  I recently spent some time at Skateland when my friend Kate invited me to join her in practicing one evening with the Charm City Roller Derby Girl's Team. She'd won this at some sort of raffle. We went to Skateland a few times beforehand to get ourselves motivated and in the groove again. It was such an experience. What a great group of ladies. I really considered joining in, but really it's way to much of a committment. Jason and I can barely get ourselves to the gym, let along join a team that meets for practice everyday. One day, maybe I'll considerate it again. Kate, we need to go skating together again sometime. Is there an iceskating rink around here, it's definitely cold enough? Maybe we'll run into Jim or some hot Canadians. Nighty Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment