Thursday, March 26, 2009

WTMD, the best local radio station.

I can't believe today's entry didn't happen earlier, but good inspiring entries hopefully will continue to come to me throughout the rest of the year. Here's to hoping.

Yesterday I had my first individual photo shoot for a local up and coming R&B artist, SuNn. It was fun and I feel I accomplished what the artist was looking for. This shoot made me think about the support and dedication the Towson Radio station, 89.7 WTMD has for local artists in the community. I told SuNn about their mission of support so hopefully they contact them for air time.

I've been a fan and contributor to WTMD for the past 3 or 4 years. They are locally supported which is what keeps them in business. I do my best to give them $ when I have it, currently I'm not in the best state to do so, but hope to give to them again in the future. Jason and I both enjoy they music they play. Most of the bands we listen to today come to us through WTMD's influence. They care about the listener by always delivering unique and intriguing play lists. They have the best DJs too. They all sound like genuine music lovers and supporters of the local scene. They are what you look for in a radio station.

They are one of top reasons I stay in Baltimore and would hate to lose their connection. They introduced me to musicians like Brandi Carlisle, Feist, Vampire Weekend, Ray LaMontagne, and My Morning Jacket. I've seen 3 of these musicians live which just shows how much I enjoy WTMD's taste. They air great shows like Thursday Night Mixtape, Sounds Eclectic, and Baltimore Unsigned. I have so much respect and love for WTMD and really hope they stick around forever. Check them out by tuning in if your in the Baltimore or DC area. You can't you can also listen to them online by going to http://wtmd.org/index.html and clicking on "listen live".

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, Kate! We couldn't do it without your support! Take care.

    Love,

    Melissa Lauren, 89.7 WTMD, Weekend Host

    ReplyDelete