Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wardrobe Power

New perspectives are hard to come by, so when they do come you must celebrate their arrival. Yesterday I visited by dear friend Jill, since she's moving to the big city next week. In the middle of my visit I mentioned the fact that I'll have to buy some my clothes to interview in and for my photography gigs. She asks me my size and we realize that all the bags of clothes that she was fully prepared to give away are all my size. Jill did not fit in any of them anymore. She starts pulling out all these pants, blouses, and the cutest shirts ever. I started trying things on and everything was fitting like a glove and looking amazing on me. Jill was so excited to give her clothes to me, so she could contribute to the Kate's unemployment cause.

I ended up with about 8 or so shirts, about 5 pairs of dress pants, some perfect for my wedding photo gigs, a few dress blouses, and 2 women power suits. It was absolutely incredible. The clothes were all hip and sophisticated, from stores like Banana Republic and Old Navy. I always knew I'd need a business woman wardrobe one day and to have it handed to me by a dear friend was a dream come true. Dad, you are going to be so proud of your little girl now, she finally owns feminine business attire. My confidence has shot through the roof. I am a new woman now, a woman ready to face any obstacle. Thank you so much, Jill. I am going to miss you with all my heart. Alicia and I will be up soon for a girl's weekend! Best of luck with everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment