Saturday, March 14, 2009

Films from my Youth

I love watching movies from my childhood. Films have always been a love of mine and tonight I watched a childhood fav "Stand By Me." Little River Phoenix can still make my heart race. He had this great magnetic demeanor about him when he appeared in films. Then you have Cory Feldman, Wil Wheaton, and the now skinny and famous, Jerry O'Connell. I remember watching that film so many times when I was young.

That and Goonies with little Sean Astin and once again Corey Feldman, Labyrinth with the beautiful Jennifer Connelly and the sexy Bowie, Can't Buy Me Love with the forever gorgeous Patrick Dempsey, and all of the John Hughes' 1980's classics. These films never seem to get old for me, they make me recall such great memories. There are so many other films from the 80s that I just adore. Sometimes I'm not in the mood to analyze a film's plot structure and it's cinematography. Instead I want to sit back and watch an old favorite for the fun of it or to make fun of it as I see fit.

1 comment:

  1. I've got a great idea! Labyrinth is one of my all time favorites. We need to arrange a movie day one day while everyone else is at work. All movies from childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete