Friday, March 20, 2009

Pet Names

I'm a stickler for pet names. I probably over use them at times, but really I don't care cause they make me feel closer to my friends. When the people I'm giving pet names too give me a pet name in response it feels even better and the closeness I feel towards them rises. My family is originally from Baltimore and people have always told my mom that she has a strong Dundalk accent, which is why I started using 'hon' a lot, even when I was living in the south. Now I use it since I've moved here and it sounds so common since everyone uses it. I then go to my favorite southern pet name 'darlin', which I really enjoy. I also use sweetie, honey, baby, and babe often. Poor Jason, he feels that since I use these pet names on everyone that there's no special one just for him. I really need to come up with one that I will only use for Jason. It has to be short and sweet.

What it comes down to is I like to be friendly and kind to people. It makes me feel good inside. I know this makes me somewhat naive, but this doesn't mean I'm going to trust all the strangers I meet, but I will treat them kindly until they give me a reason not to. Pet names are fun, I hope to come up with some new ones to replace the ones I use way too often. Bye ya'll.

1 comment: