Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Extraordinary FX


I'm not usually "a special effects loving person" but recently I saw two flicks where the special FX were out of this world. Eagle Eye did not get the greatest reviews, but Jae and I decided to watch it regardless last night and we're so glad we did. The action scenes are so extreme and the FX were unbelievable. It was a decent film and I recommend it to those that appreciate a good action thriller.

We saw the newest Harry Potter this weekend, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Having not read the series my only less than positive review would be that there were some holes in the plot. It must be so hard to pick and choose the events to include in the film and what to discard from such an enormous book. They still pulled off a fantastic film. The characters really came to life as they grow into adulthood. I'm also guilty of having a little girl crush on Ron. He is turning into such a red-headed cutie. The action special FX scenes were once again amazing. I was sitting at the edge of my seat during those scenes and could not take my eyes off the screen. It had to be my favorite Potter movie to date. Fabulous job cast and crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment